Wan-Da Tour

...providing quality tours since 1997 for the young at heart and adventurous of spirit

Call T/F 888 369 2632







Requirements for Chinese Visa

All Western visitors to China must have a visa. Visitors to Macao or Hong Kong do not require a visa, provided the stay is under 90 days. Travelers visiting Hong Kong or Macao from China and then reentering China afterwards will need a double-entry Chinese visa.

The visa is issued by a Chinese consulate. In most cases the consulate will only accept visa applications from residents in the area they serve. A list of consulates in North America and areas served is provided at right.

Applications must be made in person OR through an approved representative.

If you are unable to apply in person, please contact us for the procedure for mailing in your application. DO NOT MAIL IN YOUR APPLICAITON TO THE CONSULATE.

If numbers warrant, we may apply for a group visa. It should be noted, however, all visitors on a group visa must arrive and depart on the same flight, and must have a common nationality, that is the group must comprise all Canadians or all Americans; mixed groups are not accepted.

We have an agent in the US who provides visa services for US applicants.

The application requires you to list the names of places you will be visiting in China. OMIT MENTION OF ANY PLACE IN TIBET, should that be part of your itinerary. Entry to Tibet requires a separate permit, which we will obtain for you through our agent in China. Mention of Tibet on your visa application could result in a serious delay in getting your visa issued.

The Chinese visa is time-sensitive, requiring the visitor to use it within three months of the date of its issuance. For that reason, you should not apply too early. We recommend applying around six weeks before departure.

The consulate takes four working days to issue a visa. By paying extra a visa may be issued with 24 hours (emergency service).

Your visa application package should include:

  1. Valid passport. It must be the original document; a copy is not acceptable, and it must have at least two blank pages -- the visa itself takes up one full page, and the other page is needed for the stamps entering and departing China. NOTE: YOUR PASSPORT MUST BE VALID FOR AT LEAST SIX MONTHS BEYOND THE DATE OF YOUR RETURN FROM YOUR TOUR .Should the validity date be less, you will be denied a visa. Please note also, if you have obtained a new passport, you should make sure you have signed the document in the space provided before sending it in to the consulate for processing.
  2. One recent 2 by 2 inch photo, full face, head and shoulders. We'd recommend you get this done professionally.
  3. Certified cheque, bank draft or money order to cover the visa cost. In Canada the visa for a single entry costs $50, double entry $75. In the United States, the cost is $130 for a single entry.
  4. Completed, signed application form. Download here

Please contact us if you have any questions.


Consulate-General of the People's Republic of China in Vancouver
Accepts visa applications from:
British Columbia and Yukon

Consulate-General of the People's Republic of China in Calgary
Accepts visa applications from:
Alberta, Saskatchewan, NWT

Consulate-General of the People's Republic of China in Toronto
Accepts visa applications from:
Ontario (except Ottawa), Manitoba

Embassy of the People's Republic of China in Canada
Accepts visa applications from:
City of Ottawa, Quebec, Maritimes


Consulate-General of the People's Republic of China in San Francisco
Accepts visa applications from:
Alaska, Northern California, Nevada, Oregon, Washington

Consulate-General of the People's Republic of China in Los Angeles
Accepts visa applications from:
Arizona, Southern California, Hawaii, New Mexico, Pacific Islands

Consulate-General of the People's Republic of China in Houston
Accepts visa applications from:
Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Texas

Consulate-General of the People's Republic of China in Chicago
Accepts visa applications from:
Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Wisconsin

Consulate-General of the People's Republic of China in New York
Accepts visa applications from:
Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont

Embassy of the People's Republic of China in the USA
Accepts visa applications from:
District of Columbia, Delaware, Idaho, Kentucky, Maryland, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wyoming

For Reservations contact Wan-Da Tour at 888.369 2632 or email us at wanda@pacificcoast.net
©1998-2010 Wan-Da Tour Company All rights reserved
Wan-Da Tour, 3346 Haida Drive, Victoria, BC CANADA V9C 3P1 TEL: 888-369 2632 or 250 384 0858